Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm Back! Uh OH!

Ok. I know I have been away for a long time, so here is a rundown of what has been going on since I have been MIA.
In January, my then 19 month old had a tonic clonic (granmal) seizure. It lasted at least 4 minutes. Thankfully, that is not long enough to cause any brain or organ damage. It was horrifying. I am thankful to my background in emergency medicine and special education which helped me to notice the signs of an oncoming seizure. Because of this I was able to keep him from hitting his head as he fell. We couldn't get in for testing for several weeks, so we didn't know until march that there was nothing physical in his brain that could cause seizures like a tumor or anything. He did have a few smaller episodes the week of his MRI, but they only lasted a few seconds at a time. His EEG also came back clean. Since then he has been healthy and had no other seizure activity and may never have another. We continue to keep his emergency medicine on hand and pray daily that we never have to go through that again.
Later in March we found out we were pregnant with baby #3. I have a hard time with pregnancy and was very sick the first trimester. I started feeling better at the beginning of my second trimester (way earlier than with the other 2) and was so excited. Then I began having contractions at 14 1/2 weeks. So now I am on medicine and injections to stop contractions. So far it is working really well, but there are a lot of not so fun side effects to the medications. All worth it for our baby boy who is due in December.
I have been working on several reviews in the meantime, now I just need to get them typed up and posted for you all. Thank you for continuing to be a fan of my blog even when I was away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment