Like most people, I love scented candles. Well I love the smell. I don't love the uneven melt patterns, digging the wick out of the wax or having the wick burn away completely, or the fact that it never smells as good when it's burning as it does cold in the jar. There's also the constant worry of making sure you never leave one unattended and burning your house down. Open flame=safety issues. This is where Scentsy comes in.
The first time I was invited to a Scentsy party I had no idea what it was. I was thinking "Essential oils?" maybe. No it is so much better! Scentsy systems consist of warmers and scented wax bars. The warmers are similar to the tealight wax warmers without the tealight. The warmer contains a small lightbulb that heats the tray and melts the wax. Filling the room with your favorite scents. There is no flame and the bars are paraffin wax so they will not burn skin. I know from experience that it not only doesn't burn, but also cleans up easily. Whoops!
The scented bars are awesome. The hardest part is narrowing down which scents you want to buy. They have everything; cologne/perfume, fruity, baked goods, nature... You get to be in charge of how little or how much scent is released by varying the amount of the bar you place in the warmer. I have an open floor plan in my living area. If I want the smell to fill the kitchen, dining room, and living room I will use a whole bar of a lighter scent or half a bar of stronger one. If I want the scent to remain in one room like the bathroom or bedroom, I will use a plug-in warmer and place 1 to 2 squares in the tray. I also do this in the kitchen if I only want to have a light scent that doesn't carry to the other rooms.
Since buying my first Scentsy system (midsize warmer and three bars) I have added countless bars, two full size warmers, another midsize warmer, 2 plug-ins, 2 Scentsy Buddies for my kids, car freshners, and a room spray. I love these things!
And now the giveaway!!!
Briley Giamalva-Independent Scentsy consultant is providing a Groovy Brown plug-in warmer and 3 Scent bars (Sugar Cookie, Luna, and Clean Breeze) for one luckily reader.
1) "Like" Briley's Facebook page and leave a message on her wall saying I sent you, AND "like" my facebook page. Then leave a comment here with your facebook name.
1) Share this giveaway on facebook or twitter and make it viewable to everyone (click the masterlock under your status and change it to everyone) then leave a seperate comment here with a link to the post.
2) Visit https://nowicks.scentsy.us/Home, then come back here and leave a comment telling me which product you are most interested in.
3) Follow me via Google reader and leave a comment here saying you did so. The link is on the right side of my page.
4) Sign up for email updates and leave a comment here saying you did so.
*Make sure you leave a seperate comment for each entry.
Winner will be chosen via random drawing on August 21st, 2011.